A new universe-wide mission has been added and can be accessed via the Action Library. Full details of this exciting new mission will be posted on the Entropia Universe Buzz page very soon.
A new resource gathering system has been introduced allowing participants to harvest natural resources. The first phase of this system features wood harvesting. Resource nodes can be found near appropriate terrain object, so knowledge of the local environment will allow one to locate valuable resource nodes more easily.
A new Resource Gatherer profession has been created, along with its related primary skill Resource Gathering. The TerraTech PH-1, a basic wood harvesting tool, can be purchased at Trade Terminals on all planets. Higher level harvesting tools can be manufactured with the required blueprints.
When a harvesting tool is equipped, the resource node that the tool can extract will show up in the world when within range. Using the tool on such a resource will extract natural material. There are different resource tiers, and harvesting tools have a rating indicating the highest resource tier that can be harvested (along with any lower tiers). Each resource node can only be harvested a limited number times, and each has a short timer after which the node will disappear. Faster and more powerful harvesting tools are thus required to extract the maximum amount of resources before a node is exhausted.
- Two new passive pet buffs have been implemented: Decrease Critical Damage & Loot Collection.
- Several new creatures are available to be tamed across various planets.
- Footstep sounds have been improved.
- Improvements to draw distance and particle effects have been implemented to improve graphics performance.
- An issue causing missing footstep sounds in certain areas has been corrected.
- An issue has been identified related to the Mission Tracker interface causing client crashes when travelling between planets. This issue will be corrected in the patch scheduled for June 23. Until then, untrack missions during interplanetary travel to avoid client crashes.
- When accessing the Pet Center Manager terminal there is an internal error dialogue, this can be ignored as everything is working as normal. This is due to the new plot system.
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.